Sunday, January 14, 2007

Partying with the college kids.

Yep, that's right. Last night I joined the festivities. This involved beer pong, hide and seek, and "The Anchorman." Also general drunkenness. It was fun, but beer tastes too much like water. Which I guess is a good thing, since I like water.

Earlier in the day I went to the National Gallery of Art on the Mall, which was excellent. Except that nearly 3 hours later I had only managed to do about a third of the gallery. I didn't even make it to the 19th or 20th centuries. So I will have to go back another day. Maybe today?

Here's a bad pictures of the cheery blossoms blooming along the Mall, and you might be able to make out the Capitol building in the background. And there were people ice skating outside, despite the warm weather. I don't understand how that was possible, but it apparently was.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warm weather...sigh...it's finally winter here in Toronto. As for partying with College Kids - too awesome! ;)

E :) said...

The cherry blossoms were blooming? Cripes!

Anonymous said...

beer = water? my, how you're changing during your travels, jp

Anonymous said...

JP AT A KEGGER! HAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Anonymous said...

"...we've got future profs...yeah, yeah, we got future profs...yeah, yeah, we got drunk future profs, totally sloshed...beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer...we've got..."

Anonymous said...

The important thing is: did you see the tiny Raphael? St. George slaying the dragon? It is almost pocket size, but definitely my favourite at the National Gallery. Even more favourite than the only da Vinci on this continent.

historyjen said...

I'm pretty sure I saw every piece of art in the entire gallery (both buildings). That was the plan, anyway. So, unless they weren't on display, I saw those. Can't say I particularly remember, though....

historyjen said...

Oh, and EC: it wasn't a kegger, exactly, but there is a "kegorator" in the house. Seriously. ;-) There's even an old keg in it. J showed me how to work it. Interesting contraption.